This webinar series will focus on the Captivity Theology framework discussed in Bishop Raymond Rivera’s book Liberty to the Captives: Our Call to Minister in a Captive World. It will help layleaders, ministers, pastors and urban missionaries learn how to bring hope and redemption to their communities by stepping out of their comfort zones and discerning how God wants them to get involved in their city. While captivity theology has universal application to the whole body of Christ, the particular focus of this webinar will discuss how to do ministry in a situation of captivity in communities of color. In addition, the white evangelical community as an instrument of liberation or its choice to continue its complicity in the oppression of people of color will be addressed.
- 10/21/20 – Introductory Session: Facebook Live Conversation
- 10/28/20 – Session 1: Captivity Theology Framework & The Evangelical Church
- 11/4/20 – Session 2: Engage and Confront Community
- 11/11/20 – Session 3: Engage and Confront the Powers
- 11/18/20 – Session 4: Applying the Framework in Your Context