Founded in 2020, the Freedom Road Institute for Leadership and Justice is part of the Freedom Road consortium of programs. Freedom Road exists to shrink the narrative gap through consulting, coaching, training, forum development and by designing experiences such as pilgrimages that help groups in multiple sectors do justice in just ways. Through the work of the Institute, leaders are trained to build a better world.
Institute Intern (unpaid)
The Institute Intern will work closely with the Co-Directors of the Institute, focused on back office operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducting research on prospective sponsors for our various offerings that align with our vision.
- Maintaining webinar participant records.
- Follow-up with all webinar participants to ensure they have submitted reviews of their experiences through organizational survey.
- Communicating with consultants on proposed webinars after Co-Director approval to ensure all information is available for website and graphics personnel.
- Keeping all of our various offering participant records up-to-date.
- Sending out access to video series for those who have emailed they missed a session or missed registration process on webinar jam.
- Cross-check Paypal payments with store participants for our records.
- Communicating with all new participants to thank them for enrolling in the webinar series on behalf of Co-Directors.
An ideal candidate must
- Be a responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, person of faith and committed to the mission of Freedom Road.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Possess solid oral and written communication skills.
- Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, and Adobe Acrobat are mandatory; knowledge of Canva a plus.
- Be able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Possess an interest in working for a justice oriented organization.
Time commitment: Minimum of 10 hours per week; minimum 6-month commitment, with 12 months desirable.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. However, there is opportunity for school credit if allowed by the college/university of applicant. Position offers an excellent opportunity to work on substantive projects, and can result in a great reference. In addition, intern will be able to take any of our on-demand and live webinars free.
To apply: E‐mail cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Co-Director Dr. Liz Rios at firstname.lastname@example.org with a Re: line of “Application for Institute Intern”
For writing sample ideas:
- A short paper on something we are passionate about that also matches yours would be great.
- An article.
- A blog post.
There are no available positions currently.