Lisa will co-lead this course with author Alexia Salvatierra of Faith-Rooted Organizing: Mobilizing the Church in Service to the World. Alexia is a long time activist and professor who has been recognized internationally for her work in creating lasting movements that have changed communities across the world.
She joins us to help you create yours.
Check out a course preview below!
Course Preview: Faith Rooted Organizing
This is a preview to the Faith Rooted Organizing Course. Lisa will co-lead this course with author Alexia Salvatierra of Faith-Rooted Organizing: Mobilizing the Church in Service to the World. Alexia is a long time activist and professor who has been recognized internationally for her work in creating lasting movements that have changed communities across the world. UPDATE 7/9/22: 50% Discount available through this weekend! Register here: https://freedomroad.us/downloads/the-power-and-practice-of-faith-rooted-organizing/Posted by Lisa Sharon Harper on Friday, July 8, 2022
What others are saying
“The instructors words were impactful as it is known that they were sharing their hearts and experiences.”
“Much gratitude to you both!!! This class was one of the highlights of my summer.”
Purchase the course!
Faith-Rooted Organizing draws from the roots of our traditions to help faith communities engage the larger movement for justice in our world. In this workshop, Lisa Sharon Harper and Alexia Salvatierra will equip participants to analyze their community, strategize, build collaborative networks, and take action inspired by their faith!
- Each session is approximately 90 mins
- 60 mins lecture
- 20 mins small groups
- 10 mins Q/A
Landscape and Definition
- Upstream Allegory (Lisa)
- Options for social transformation (Alexia)
- Who are potential partners (Alexia/Lisa)
Building your team within your org
- Permission to talk with people in your org.
- Doing 1:1s to get a sense of who you are and where you are with regard to social transformation.
Equipping your team
- Reflection/action process
- Core Lie: Analyzing your reality
- Dreaming Process (Alexia) – Analyzing the lens of scripture
- Example of NY Faith & Justice
- Your team will change, because you will pull people into your team.
- Assignment from week before: Community Walk and Internet Walk
- 1:1s with neighbors and then leaders
- Paradigm Shift / Thresholds (Lisa)
Core Principle: The Call To Move From FOR To WITH
- How to center the marginalized
- Power-sharing etc.
- What are the unique gifts we bring?
- Serpent power/Dove power
- Ground war (Alexia) / Air war (Lisa)
- Tension between developing new/young leaders and winning (Alexia)
- Fishing (rhythm between challenging and affirming) (Alexia)
- Story Design (homework the week before will be to write your epitaph) (Lisa)
How to build healing communities
- Base Christian Communities/Hush Harbors
- Body of Christ
- Role of the Holy Spirit and Joy
Purchase the course!
If you are interested in learning more about this course and other future offerings or discounts – subscribe to FR and the Institute below
The course curriculum is subject to change at any time depending on cohort needs or the discretion of instructors/facilitators.
For any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org