Level 2 of the Race and Equity series
Deepen your understanding of racial inequity through the power of story. Led by Freedom Road president and founder, Lisa Sharon Harper, the Race and Equity Growth Community will use books, films, the news cycle and family stories to understand historic and current-day white supremacy. Members will deepen their understanding of political, mental, theological and colonization, as they process their own stories and immerse in the stories of “the other.”
During the six weeks we will discuss the following:
- The Power of the Talking Circle
- Unearthing our Stories
- Dominion and Agency
- Soaking in the stories of “the other” as Repair
- Conversations on the stories that surface in books, films and the news cycle with implications on race and faith.
By the end of this Level you will:
- Understand the intersection of race and dominion.
- Understand the power of story to repair what race broke in the world.
- Experience the transformative power of the Talking Circle.
- Connect stories from your own life with the story of race in your community and nation.
- Grow your capacity to engage various current racialized issues through a faith-rooted approach.
You will need to have purchased and completed Level 1: Race and Equity Boot Camp to participate in this Growth community.
Oct 5, 2020 – Nov 9, 2020
Meets weekly on Mondays from 12 noon – 1:30 pm EST // // all sessions via Zoom
**Subscription will begin once you purchase and will be paid in full after 12 payments automatically. You do not need to renew your subscription.