The world recently watched white nationalists scale the walls of the US Capitol Building to attempt to halt Congressional certification of President-Elect Joe Biden’s Election 2020 win. They attempted a coup. What happened on that day? And where do we go from here?
In chapter one of Martin Luther King, Jr’s final book, Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?, written in 1967 and published after his assassination in 1968, King writes of “segregationists who have declared that democracy is not worth having, if it involves equality.” He explains: “The segregationists’ goal is the total reversal of all reforms, with reestablishment of naked oppression and if needed be a native form of fascism.”
King tells us exactly what happened on January 6, 2021 and he charts the path for America’s reformation.
At this most divided moment in American history since the years preceding the Civil War, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s “Where do we go from here?” is reverberating across time. Freedom Road, LLC believes the whole church needs to read this book. So, we are launching a 6 week Book Study series! Join us for the Book Study launch via Facebook Live on MLK Day (January 18)! Then come back each Monday at 12 noon ET to move through the book, one chapter at a time over 5 more consecutive weeks.
Sessions will be available for On Demand viewing following each session date.
Please purchase the book, Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? on Amazon prior to the sessions.
- January 18 – Facebook Live: “Chapter 1: Where Are We?”
- January 25 – Webinar Session 1: “Chapter 2: Black Power”
- February 1 – Webinar Session 2: “Chapter 3: Racism and the White Backlash”
- February 8 – Webinar Session 3: “Chapter 4: The Dilemma of Negro Americans” with guest Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III
- February 15 – Webinar Session 4: “Chapters 5: Where are we Going” with guest Dr. Drew Hart is Back and Bishop William Barber II
- February 22 – Webinar Session 5: “Chapters 6: The World House” with guest Rev. Rene’ August
Times: All sessions are from 12-1pm ET.